Information and intelligence sharing are keys to successful investigations, drug
treatment and prevention programs, and drug policy development. A frequent criticism
of law enforcement is that too often information is not shared with other agencies.
The ISC is designed to overcome the obstacles that have historically hampered information
and intelligence sharing not only among law enforcement agencies, but also those
agencies providing drug treatment and prevention services. Staffed with highly skilled
intelligence analysts and supported with the latest analytical technologies, the
ISC strives to achieve its mission and goals, all of which are geared towards improving
the efficiency and effectiveness of the HIDTA’s initiatives and participating agencies.
The W/B HDTA ISC is responsible for developing tactical, operational and strategic
intelligence products to support on-going investigations, identify drug trafficking
and money laundering organizations, develop gang prevention and suppression strategies,
and help reduce drug-related violence.
To provide superior criminal intelligence and case support to the W/B HIDTA initiatives,
participating agencies, and the HIDTA Program.
ISC Program Manager
- Facilitate information sharing among law enforcement, drug treatment, and drug prevention
- Share information and intelligence with other HIDTAs
- Promote office safety by providing event and case deconfliction services
- Provide superior case support and case development services
- Produce strategic intelligence to decision makers
- Support special projects