The purpose of the 2023 HIDTA Prevention Summit is to address complex prevention issues of today with a focus on integration of activities focused on current and emerging substances into a comprehensive strategy.
Participants will learn how approaches to prevention must take into consideration the ever-changing substance use landscape while grounding in the best available evidence of today. Critical considerations will be shared for why we must make prevention a priority and work toward comprehensive community-based prevention strategies that fit local contexts and the prevention needs of our time.
- Present advances in substance use prevention science, policy, and strategies in the context of national substance threats.
- Describe the core principles of prevention, how prevention approaches have evolved, a global perspective of substance use prevention in youth, and how we can apply this information to achieve effective prevention.
- Examine evidence-based considerations for strategically sharing drug information while protecting from harm.
- Share approaches for how to prioritize prevention in communities while ensuring fit with the prevention needs of our time and local contexts.
- Discuss the Office of National Drug Control Policy’s guidance for building and navigating substance use prevention strategies in organizations and communities.
Earn up to 6 FREE Continuing Education Hours
Register through the Zoom link at the bottom of this page.